You may have a traditional PR background and want to learn more about digital PR, or you may be a digital PR executive wanting to learn more about traditional PR.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lemongrass, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and our company values resonate with you, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are the UK’s first travel communications B Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment. One of the biggest perks at Lemongrass is that we work a 4-day week – on full 5-day pay.
Salary band: £25-36k PA.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for day-to-day media relations.
- Write compelling accurate pitches, press releases, and other forms of written content and secure coverage and links for our clients.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with clients and media.
- Attend media events, media meetings, and networking opportunities to expand your network and represent Lemongrass.
- Plan, co-ordinate, and organise multiple press trips on behalf of your clients.
- Work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with all members of the team.
- Provide reliable support for your Account Manager, hitting deadlines and managing multiple client deadlines.
- Deliver all work on time and within budget.
- Engage with clients and agency partners on a regular basis to create innovative campaigns that help shine a positive light on the client and brand, in addition to reaching new audiences who are receptive to our client's products.
- Monitor relevant media/social media, industry associations, and intelligence reports to increase relationships and knowledge on behalf of clients and agency.
- Engage in strategic media outreach, press material development, and event management, with a heavy focus on daily media outreach and pitch development.
- Be responsible for timely and accurate reporting, clipping management, agendas, and travel booking.
What you’ll have:
- You will have a minimum of two years of professional experience with a strong understanding of media relations and media monitoring tools.
- Travel or lifestyle PR agency background is ideal.
- Strong writing and outreach skills are necessary – copywriting is a key part of the role.
- A passion for securing placements for the client and building relationships with media and influencers
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication, organizational and computer skills are a must, along with the ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple tasks, and handle a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and media monitoring, tracking, and reporting
Bonus points for:
- Foreign languages
- Interest in sustainability
- Understanding of SEO tools
- Understanding of Google Analytics
- Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
HUNGRY TO LEARN - We care about: opening minds, growing as individuals, and expanding our horizons.
MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS -We care about: symbiotic relationships, shared values and shared happiness. With a commitment to connecting with others and the world around us, we strive to build meaningful relationships.
FOR THE GREATER GOOD - We care about: being meaningful, sustainable and authentic. We want to be a part of the solution. In a changing world, we seek to make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass, and for wider society.
LEADING THE WAY - We care about: carving a path, making change happen, and doing things differently. We’re leading the way in travel PR by combining traditional and digital methods with specific sector expertise.
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation
How to apply
Get in touch with our team on firstname.lastname@example.org.