Lemongrass Marketing is a PR & Content agency for travel brands in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
We are looking for a PR Manager who is keen on learning, a team player and someone who takes pride in always delivering the best results for their clients.
You may have a traditional PR background and want to learn more about digital PR, or you may be a journalist who wants to move over into consultancy or you may have come through the SEO/Content route and are keen to expand your knowledge in PR.
We know that most people who apply don’t tick all the boxes, but if you feel that our company values below resonate with you then we’d love to hear from you.
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their communications campaigns, managing expectations and satisfaction levels
- Put together PR Plans using first and third party data to guide your planning
- Proactively outreach to key media to maintain and nurture senior editor contacts
- Plan, co-ordinate and organise press trips on behalf of your clients
- Oversee the forward features planning and pitching on behalf of client with the support of junior team
- Write on target pitches, press releases, copy and relevant blog posts as well as newsletter content on behalf of clients
- Organise and attend meetings with media and industry partners on behalf of clients
- Oversee client reporting, ensuring the reports and press coverage is completed and dispatched in a timely manner
- Produce and deliver client presentations
- Manage and mentor a team driven by our company values (see below) ensuring the best and brightest talent is engaged and inspired to deliver exceptional work on time and on budget
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities, lead digital-first PR pitches and assume a substantial role on core client teams
- Demonstrate proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities and making recommendations on additional work or projects and selling these into clients
- Ensure clients receive value for money, and that their business, as well as PR objectives, are kept front of mind throughout all campaign work
- Responsible for capacity planning in order to achieve agreed fee and handling charge targets, maintain high levels of client satisfaction and develop the full potential of accounts.
- Put together data driven stories (ability to use Google Trends, Semrush, freely available data sources to create new data) and outreach
- Contribute actively to agency’s social media channels, quarterly newsletter and blog
What You Have:
- Significant recent PR or Outreach experience within an agency (5+ years)
- Good understanding of off-page SEO and GA
- Good understanding of the differences of traditional vs digital PR outreach – when to employ which strategy for best results for the clients
- Solid press contacts – across travel, active, lifestyle, beauty and news desks
- Have a good understanding of best practise media outreach approach to secure results for clients
- Ability to work as part of a team and to manage client relationships effectively, in person, on Zoom & via email.
- Be able to research & write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, web copy, blog postings etc; excellent attention to detail;
- Experience of initiating, maximising & sustaining PR plans with rigour & detail
- New business – Demonstrate willingness and eagerness to contribute to pitches from initial brief to submission & presentation
- Manage self & others – Excellent time management, ability to coordinate input of junior colleagues, willingness to ‘muck in’ when needed and participate in a wide range of tasks; able to delegate where necessary, ability to meet deadlines & ensure others meet deadlines, manage third parties.
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Show willingness to learn and develop within your role, taking on board constructive feedback and offering solutions to unforeseen problems or hurdles
- Ability to prepare cost estimates for PR/ Digital PR/ Content and Social media strategies
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- We adopt a can-do attitude – so we can help our clients to solve problems
- We are hungry to learn – so that our clients can rely on us to be the best we can be
- We are results-driven – so our clients, our colleagues and the business can rely on us
- Everything we do is for the greater good – so we can make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass, and for wider society
- We are friendly, fair and firm