Lemongrass Marketing is a PR & Content agency for travel brands with impact and purpose, in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
We have a strong, values-driven culture and are en route to becoming the UK’s first travel communications B-Corp, a community of companies that use the power of business as a force for good. Its aim is to create a sustainable, inclusive economy by reducing poverty and inequality, creating high-quality jobs and a healthier environment.
One of the biggest perks at Lemongrass is that we work a 4 day week – on full 5 day pay.
We are looking for a PR Account Director who is keen on learning, a team player and someone who takes pride in always delivering the best results for clients and the agency.
You’ll bring at least 5 years of PR experience, strong media relationships, excellent client and communication skills and a solid understanding of the travel industry. You are strong communicator and considerate mentor and manager to the PR team and are able to showcase that you can run client accounts profitably. You’ll come with a background working for agencies and ideally you’ll have a good understanding of digital PR, link building and SEO in addition to core travel PR skills.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Lemongrass, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role and our company values resonate with you, but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every requirement in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide intelligent and well thought through counsel to clients on all aspects of their communications campaigns, managing expectations and satisfaction levels.
- Manage and mentor a team driven by our company values (see below) – ensuring high levels of client and team satisfaction.
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to budget.
- Please know that whilst you are managing a team we don’t operate in a hierarchical way. So you’ll need to be happy to pitch in where help is needed (press trips, writing etc).
- Proactively outreach to key media, podcasters, influencers to maintain and nurture senior contacts and up and coming talent. As we become a B Corp, diversity and inclusion is very important to us so you’ll be reaching out to underrepresented media communities, too.
- Write on target pitches, press releases, copy and relevant blog posts as well as newsletter content on behalf of clients
- Ensure the client accounts are run profitably as well as ensuring we meet our environmental and social targets (carbon reduction for press trips and business travel etc).
- Proactively prospect for new business opportunities, always with the company’s best interests, purpose, social and environmental values and future business objectives in mind.
- Lead pitches and assume a substantial role on core client teams.
- Demonstrate proactivity to clients by spotting new opportunities and making recommendations on additional work or projects and selling these into clients.
- Plan, co-ordinate, attend and organise press trips on behalf of your clients
- Oversee client reporting, ensuring the reports and press coverage is completed and dispatched in a timely manner
- Contribute actively to agency’s social media channels, quarterly newsletter and blog
What You Have:
- At least 5 years of PR experience in an agency – ideally in travel or consumer PR.
- You’ll be a good communicator, able to work as part of a team, to motivate and inspire others to do great work and to manage client relationships effectively, and with care.
- You’ll be confident at presenting and selling the agency and its work, explaining what makes great work and how it meets the brand’s needs.
- You’ll have solid press contacts – across travel, active, lifestyle, beauty and news desks.
- You’ll have a good understanding of best practice media outreach to secure results for clients.
- You’ll be able to research & write high-level & accurate copy – white papers, articles, comment, news releases, case studies, blog posts etc.
- Excellent attention to detail and time management.
- You’ll have experience in developing and successfully implementing PR plans.
- Able to lead pitches from initial brief through to securing the contract.
- You’ll be willing to ‘muck in’ when needed and able to delegate where necessary, ensuring you and others meet deadlines and deliver work on time and to budget.
- Able to adapt to a fast paced environment
- Able to solve problems and make effective and timely decisions based on the knowledge available.
- Willing to involve themselves as expert advisers and colleagues to clients at the most senior level to build strong relationships
- Able to appreciate the combination and balance of people, planet, tasks and numbers.
Bonus points for:
- Foreign languages
- Interest in sustainability
- Understanding of SEO tools
- Understanding of Google Analytics
Our values, which you will need to share in order to thrive at Lemongrass Marketing
- HUNGRY TO LEARN – We care about: opening minds, growing as individuals, and expanding our horizons.
- MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS –We care about: symbiotic relationships, shared values and shared happiness. With a commitment to connecting with others and the world around us, we strive to build meaningful relationships.
- FOR THE GREATER GOOD – We care about: being meaningful, sustainable and authentic. We want to be a part of the solution. In a changing world, we seek to make a positive impact for our clients, for Lemongrass, and for wider society.
- LEADING THE WAY – We care about: carving a path, making change happen, and doing things differently. We’re leading the way in travel PR by combining traditional and digital methods with specific sector expertise
Please Note: These duties defined in this Job Description are not definitive and may be subject to future amendments following appropriate consultation.